Sunday, February 15, 2009

Death Penalty Opinion Piece

I just noticed the pics of the painting look a little wonky on the left side...they got a little distorted in the photography process.

Final Painting, second go-around. I increased the contrast with more layers of watercolor, and added gouache on top of the red and blue. The red and blue still need to be lightened up some; I didn't quite get the colors right.







Final painting, first go-around. Watercolor on very annoying board. Critique results: 1)in some places the contrast of light and dark needs to be stronger. 2) the brightness of the straight-from-the-tube red and blue needs to be toned down some, and these areas made a little lighter, even.













This is final sketch number two.













This is final sketch number one.









These thumbnails came after the initial bunch. The first batch didn't seem to communicate my ideas as well as I needed them to.

No comments: